Many worldwide matches of the Olympic, French Open, IPL and soccer have been postponed or canceled as a result of ever rising outbreak of Coronavirus worldwide. Now the third and oldest Grand Slam of the 12 months, Wimbledon can be below menace.
The All England Club will meet subsequent week to determine on suspending or canceling this tennis match. As of now, the match is to be held from 29 June. Corona has engulfed 195 nations of the world. Due to this, 21,200 individuals have died to date. Four lakh 68 thousand 905 are contaminated. While one-third of the world's inhabitants is lockdown.
Earlier, on account of Corona, the second Grand Slam French Open of the 12 months has additionally been postponed. <! –
This match of crimson gravel will now happen from 20 May to 4 October. At the identical time, the primary Grand Slam Australian Open of the 12 months has been held in January-February. This time Novak Djokovic of Serbia gained the title by defeating Dominic Thiem of Austria. While the final and fourth match of the 12 months, the US Open will likely be held from August 24 to September 13.
The match won’t be held in an empty stadium
The All England Club issued a press release on Wednesday, saying, "All the senior officials are being talked to hold the tournament this year. An emergency meeting has been called next week to discuss whether to postpone or cancel the Grand Slam. We do not want to take any risk regarding coronavirus. The proposal to hold the tournament in the vacant stadium was already rejected. "
Other main tournaments postponed or canceled
- Tokyo Olympics postponed for one 12 months, to be held in July-August
- Cricket match IPL postponed until April 15, there’s nonetheless an issue on it
- UEFA Football Champions League and Europa League deferred indefinitely
- 2–2 ODI matches between India, South Africa and Australia – New Zealand have been canceled
- Pakistan Super League (PSL) cricket match postponed
- Tennis match Miami Open and Monte Carlo Masters have been canceled