The idea of film franchises just isn’t a brand new one, however the Marvel Cinematic Universe launched a brand new thought: overlaying an expansive universe throughout movies that capabilities as its personal world. Much just like the MCU’s distinctive universe, the Game of Thrones books and TV collection equally established its personal wide-ranging world. Several Game of Thrones performers have popped up within the MCU already and there are extra to come back. But will they recreate the magic of Westeros in a brand new cinematic universe with a reunion?
Game of Thrones actors who’ve already appeared within the MCU
While there are much more Game of Thrones actors set to hitch the MCU, a terrific deal have appeared inside it already. Insider compiled a group of the Game of Thrones solid members who carried out that double responsibility. Here are some notable ones:
- Peter Dinklage, who performed Tyrion Lannister, starred as Eitri in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Natalie Dormer, who performed Margaery Tyrell, had a minor MCU position as a soldier in Captain America: The First Avenger. In her “blink and you’ll miss it” cameo, she provides Cap a fast kiss.
- Finn Jones performed Margaery Tyrell’s brother Loras. He additionally portrayed Danny Rand (aka Iron Fist) on the MCU’s Netflix reveals like Iron Fist and The Defenders.
- Iwan Rheon, identified to many followers because the villainous Ramsay Bolton, performed Maximus within the short-lived Inhumans TV present on ABC.
Several different GoT vets have popped up in non-MCU Marvel roles as effectively, akin to Sophie Turner as Jean Grey within the X-Men collection and Ed Skrein as Ajax in Deadpool. Additionally, Maisie Williams seems in The New Mutants, which is the ultimate Fox-produced X-Men movie.
Game of Thrones actors who will (or are rumored to) seem within the MCU
RELATED: This Marvel Superhero Is One of the Most Talked About Celebrities on Twitter
That isn’t the extent of the Game of Thrones actors who will present up within the MCU, nonetheless. Two are nonetheless but to pop up, although the movie by which they seem hasn’t been launched but:
- Richard Madden, the actor who performed Robb Stark, is ready to seem in a significant position in The Eternals as Ikaris.
- Kit Harington, aka Jon Snow, may also seem in The Eternals because the Marvel hero the Black Knight. It will the character’s first look within the MCU.
While these two actors performed brothers within the collection, it’s unclear how they might be linked in these movies or in the event that they’ll even cross paths. But one rumor speculates that just a few Game of Thrones vets might find yourself assembly up on movie.
Will the Game of Thrones actors ever cross paths within the MCU?
We Got This Covered reported a rumor that 4 Game of Thrones actors are being discussed for a possible reunion within the MCU. Those actors embrace Dinklage, Williams, Harington, and Madden. Here’s why that’s unlikely:
- The New Mutants, which Williams is ready to star in, isn’t a part of the MCU. It’s a part of Fox’s X-Men movie franchise, even whether it is merely a derivative. The piece posits that Marvel executives might have preferred Williams’ efficiency a lot that she’ll be included within the Marvel-produced movies. This stays extremely unlikely, as odds are a lot greater that Marvel will need to fully reboot and recast something to do with the X-Men. It’s not that there aren’t nice components of the X-Men universe that might work within the MCU — Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, for one — however the MCU is understood for its cohesive, authentic tales.
- Dinklage’s Eitri might seem in The Eternals, as he’s a chunk of Marvel’s cosmic adventures. That stated, it could be a stretch as his character doesn’t appear to have so much left to do after his position in Avengers: Infinity War.
In all chance, Game of Thrones followers ought to be comfortable in the event that they get a Stark brothers reunion however not anticipate a lot else. Putting these 4 actors in a scene collectively just because they starred collectively elsewhere doesn’t make any narrative sense.