Navlakha and Teltumbde give up to NIA in Bhima Koregaon-Elgar council case

by Jeremy Spirogis
India's cleanest city for 4th consecutive time

Social activist Gautam Navlakha, accused within the Bhima-Koregaon case, has surrendered to the National Security Agency (NIA). Anand Teltumbde additionally surrendered himself within the matter associated to the Elgar Parishad-Maoist together with Navlakha. In reality, the Supreme Court refused to conduct additional listening to on the appliance filed resulting from Corona virus epidemic, after which each of them surrendered to the NIA. This info was given by the officers on Tuesday.

Let me let you know, Navalakha, accused within the 2018 Bhima Koregaon case for his alleged involvement, was requested by the Supreme Court to give up the NIA on March 17 whereas submitting an anticipatory bail. <! –


Sessions can be introduced earlier than the courtroom

Anand Teltumbde's lawyer Mihir Desai mentioned that it has been determined to give up holding in view the course of the Supreme Court. According to an official of the investigating company, each can be positioned underneath arrest in the meanwhile, after which they are going to be produced earlier than the classes courtroom.

Bhima was arrested in Koregaon violence case

Navlakha, the editor of Mumbai-based financial and political weekly journal for years, is among the 5 human rights activists arrested for alleged involvement within the Maoist group and Bhima Koregaon violence on 1 January 2018. But the Supreme Court and Bombay High Court had stayed the arrest. Anand Teltumbde and different activists had been detained by the Pune police after the violence.

Provocative speeches got in Pune on 31 December 2017

At the identical time, based on the police, the activists gave provocative speeches and inflammatory statements on the assembly of Elgar Parishad held in Pune on 31 December 2017, following which violence erupted the following day. The police additionally declare that each one these activists had been lively members of banned Maoist teams. After which your complete case was transferred to the NIA. Both the activists had sought asylum from the Bombay High Court relating to the arrest following which the courtroom stayed the arrest. At the identical time, each of them had been additionally listening to the petition for anticipatory bail. After which the High Court petitioned. The two approached the Supreme Court after the petition was dismissed. The courtroom, whereas rejecting his arguments, directed him to give up inside three weeks.

Leave a Comment