Previously this temple is named Kali Paltan however now this temple is named Oughdar Nath Temple Kali Paltan was earlier referred to as a troop.
This troop was a contingent of British regiments, on this temple all the liberty fighters used to plan to drive away the British on this temple, however an individual named Elephant Baba got here.
The one who used to impress in opposition to the British within the troopers and within the troopers woke up the sensation of nation love they usually had advised that the cow fats is crammed within the cartridges which they use.
It is claimed that these individuals had been Dhudhupant Nana Saheb, and their fires unfold like wildfire.
And on 24 April 1857, a number of troopers of the platoon refused to make use of the fats cartridges, however the British authorities took these troopers captive.
Then the British authorities tried to respect the troopers of Kali Paltan and put their garments in entrance of them they usually had been put in mattress and 85 of them had been stored within the new jail in Victoria Park, Meerut.
This aroused a sense of opposition in direction of the British, when Colonel Finnsh got here to find out about this, he gathered the native and English troopers.
Their goal was to confuse the Indian troopers within the parade. During the course of the thrice, a cavalryman knowledgeable them that the troopers of many platoons had captured all of the ammunition. Just after listening to this, the Indian troopers began firing on Colonel Finnsh.
All the British troopers began escaping after saving their lives and all of the British officers standing on it had been killed, then all of the 85 troopers who had been imprisoned had been freed, thus freedom was initiated from this temple itself.