TXT’s New EP Debuts at No. 25 on the Billboard 200

by Jeremy Spirogis
TXT

Tomorrow X Together launched their EP minisode1 : Blue Hour on Oct. 26. The EP has been a milestone chapter in TXT’s profession. In addition to setting pre-order information for the Okay-pop group, the EP set information with its debut on the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top Albums Sales chart.

TXT
TXT | Big Hit Entertainment

TXT set information with ‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’

In the week main as much as the discharge of minisode1 : Blue Hour, the EP had already achieved over 300,000 pre-orders. On Nov. 17, Billboard introduced that minisode1 : Blue Hour debuted at No. 25 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Albums Sales chart.

This rating on the Billboard 200 beat TXT’s earlier file of No. 140 with The Dream Chapter: Star. In addition to rating on each Billboard charts, minisode1 : Blue Hour positioned at No. 19 on Rolling Stone’s Top 200 Albums chart.

RELATED: Tomorrow X Together Release Comforting and Dreamy New EP ‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’

‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’ by the numbers

While the quintet solely debuted in 2019, TXT have proven large development prior to now 12 months. Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai have expanded their artistry by taking part in songwriting, and the Korean band has additionally grown when it comes to album gross sales.

According to Billboard, minisode1 : Blue Hour “offered 18,000 copies within the U.S. within the week ending Nov. 12, in accordance with Nielsen Music/MRC Data — the perfect gross sales week but for the South Korean pop quintet. Blue Hour is the group’s fourth charting title on Album Sales, and first to succeed in the highest 10.”

Billboard additionally reported that the album had “98% of its first-week sales coming from its CD editions. The remaining 2% were driven by digital album sales.” By reaching No. 25 on the Billboard 200, TXT achieved their first prime 40 debut on the chart.

[embedded content material]

RELATED: TXT’s ‘Can’t You See Me?’ Named Radio Disney’s 2020 Song of the Summer

The idea of TXT’s ‘minisode1 : Blue Hour’

TXT concluded their first album collection, The Dream Chapter album trilogy, in May 2020. Instead of following this with one other collection, the Okay-pop group launched minisode1 : Blue Hour as a standalone EP. After minisode1 : Blue Hour, the band will transfer on to their subsequent collection.

minisode1 : Blue Hour options 5 tracks: “Ghosting,” “5시 53분의 하늘에서 발견한 너와 나 (Blue Hour),” “날씨를 잃어버렸어 (We Lost The Summer),” “Wishlist,” and “하굣길 (Way Home).” Soobin and Taehyun co-wrote “Ghosting” collectively, and Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Huening Kai co-wrote “Wishlist.”

[embedded content material]

RELATED: TXT Deal With the Realities of the Coronavirus in New ‘We Lost The Summer’ Music Video

The EP tells the story of youngsters experiencing friendship within the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. “Blue Hour” is the album’s lead single, and TXT launched a music video for the disco monitor the identical day because the album’s launch.

On Nov. 13, the Korean band launched a music video for “We Lost The Summer,” a music that delves deeper into the feelings youngsters are feeling due to the pandemic. Already, the music video has over 5 million views.

Leave a Comment