There is efficient information for TV watchers. Today, watching TV has grow to be cheaper from 1 March. Yes, the brand new tariff guidelines fastened by the Telecom Authority of India ie TRAI have come into power. The largest benefit of the brand new tariff is that you’ll get lower than 1 rupee per channel. Actually, underneath the brand new guidelines, you’ll get to observe 200 free (free to air) channels for 130 rupees. Apart from this, the broadcasters will be unable to offer the 19 rupee channels in bouquet. From March 1, should you desire to observe solely free channels, then you’ll have to pay solely Rs. 160 month-to-month. Till now solely 100 free channels have been proven to you for Rs 130.
How a lot was your invoice until now
– NCF i.e. community capability charges and 18% GST with it
– NCF – Rs 153 by including GST for Rs 130
– For Rs 153 you used to get 25 free and 75 paid channels.
– The cash paid for these channels is completely different
– This restricts signifies that your invoice was elevated by taking greater than 100 channels
– NCF Rs 20 for each 25 redundant channels and GST with it
How a lot will the invoice be diminished by the brand new guidelines
– Now 200 channels might be obtainable for NCF payment of Rs 130
– The benefit might be obtainable on watching greater than 100 channels
– You will save in NCF on a couple of TV at residence
– The second connection in your own home can even grow to be cheaper.
– 40% low cost on second connection
– In this fashion firms must scale back the costs on the connection
– So far the identical cash is charged for each connections
Customers will get aid
TRAI’s new rule will present aid to clients and particularly those that need to watch low cost TV channels. Because until now the cable operators used to do this by mentioning the identify of a single channel and made a bunch of such channels, which you don’t like to observe. But you solely need to pay for the channels you need to watch. Earlier, clients used to get each channel within the broadcasters package deal, as a consequence of which the purchasers needed to pay for the channels they appreciated. But the brand new guidelines of TRAI will eliminate all these mess.
Announced in January
TRAI issued a brand new tariff coverage on 1 January 2020. In it, TRAI had clarified that cable TV operators wouldn’t have the ability to cost greater than Rs 160 per thirty days for all free to air channels on one platform. Apart from this, any channel with a payment of greater than Rs 12 is not going to be a part of any bouquet. That is, clients will get advantages from the brand new tariff guidelines in some ways.