Which Celebrity Makeup Line Is More Successful: Kylie Cosmetics or Fenty Beauty?

by Jeremy Spirogis
Kylie Jenner

Celebrity magnificence merchandise are all the fad and sometimes have loyal patrons that interact with every product. Two of the most well-liked movie star cosmetics traces are Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty and Kylie Jenner’s Kylie Cosmetics. Both are high quality manufacturers, however between Fenty Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics which is extra profitable?

Kylie Jenner
Kylie Jenner | Toni Anne Barson/WireImage

Kylie Jenner began Kylie Cosmetics in 2015

Originally, Jenner’s cosmetics model was referred to as Kylie Lip Kits, and Jenner started promoting a liquid lipstick and lip liner set in November 2015. A yr later, the corporate was renamed Kylie Cosmetics. By the tip of 2016, Kylie Cosmetics earned $300 million. The model was additionally reported to be valued at $800 million by Forbes in 2018.

Jenner launched the lip kits and firm after being impressed by her personal insecurity along with her lips.

“It’s the most authentic thing I’ve done in my career, and it really relates to me, and I feel like people can tell that I’m super passionate about it,” she mentioned. “It came from an insecurity and I turned it into something. I was insecure about my lips, and lipstick is what helped me feel confident. And I feel like people could see that it’s authentic to me, and it was organic, and it just worked!”

Currently, the Kylie Cosmetics Instagram web page has over 24 million followers, and merchandise are promoted every day on the account. Jenner additionally advertises on her personal social media pages, and her Instagram has over 177 million followers.

In March 2019, Forbes estimated that Jenner’s web value is $1 billion, making her the world’s youngest billionaire. A number of months later in November 2019, Coty, Inc. purchased a 51% controlling stake in Kylie Cosmetics, with Jenner proudly owning the remaining 49%. The transaction price Coty, Inc. $600 million and valued Kylie Cosmetics at $1.2 billion.

Rihanna launched her cosmetics model in 2017

Fenty Beauty is Rihanna’s first solo cosmetics model, and she or he launched the model in September 2017. Rihanna developed the corporate with Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessey (LVMH), a well known luxurious items firm. Rihanna created Fenty Beauty with the will to make inclusive make-up for all pores and skin sorts.

The model’s Pro Filt’R basis initially started with 40 shades in 2017 and has expanded to incorporate 50 shades. The inclusivity of Fenty Beauty set it other than different cosmetics firms, and Time named the model among the best innovations of 2017.

“I never could have anticipated the emotional connection that women are having with the products and the brand as a whole. Some are finding their shade of foundation for the first time, getting emotional at the counter. That’s something I will never get over,” Rihanna mentioned in an interview with Time.

RELATED: Rihanna Was Shocked by Fan Reactions to Fenty Beauty

According to Forbes, Rihanna is the world’s wealthiest feminine musician and she or he has a web value of $600 million. On Instagram, Fenty Beauty has over 9 million followers and Rihanna herself has over 82 million followers.

Is Kylie Cosmetics or Fenty Beauty extra profitable?

When one appears to be like at social media following, Kylie Cosmetics is extra profitable. This is basically as a result of reality the corporate focuses closely on social media advertising and marketing and Jenner makes use of her private social media accounts and model to advertise the merchandise.

Jenner additionally has a better web value than Rihanna, and she or he earns extra from Kylie Cosmetics than Rihanna does from Fenty Beauty. For the model’s first few years, Jenner was the only proprietor of Kylie Cosmetics. Even after promoting a majority stake to Coty, Inc., Jenner nonetheless owns 49% of the corporate.

Forbes estimates that Rihanna owns 15% of Fenty Beauty whereas LVMH owns 50% of the model. The business journal mentioned {that a} spokesperson for Rihanna denied that determine however didn’t launch an correct quantity.

While Rihanna earns lower than Jenner from her cosmetics line, her model makes extra. According to analysis by Slice Intelligence that was shared in WWD, gross sales from Fenty Beauty’s first month of operation had been 5 instances greater than Kylie Cosmetics’ gross sales.

At the time Coty, Inc. bought the controlling stake in Kylie Cosmetics, the model’s income from the earlier 12 months was $177 million. In 2018, Fenty Beauty made an estimated $570 million in income. While Kylie Cosmetics is valued at $1.2 billion, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty is valued round $three billion, making Fenty Beauty extra profitable primarily based off of income and worth.

Leave a Comment